One of the wall fragments of the 18th century building ‘The Dolphin’ at the Lange Delft 64, destroyed during the great fire on 17 May 1940. The memorial commemorates the destruction of the town centre in May 1940 and exists of several wall fragments, scattered all over the city.
- Année de construction
- Architecte / Design
- Ko de Jonge
For the memorial in 1988 wall fragments of patrician town house ‘The Dolphin’ were placed in the next streets and on the next squares: Plein 1940, Lange Delft, Onder den Toren, Walplein, Koorkerkhof, Sint-Pieterstraat, Balans, Groenmarkt, Bachtensteene, Stadhuisstraat, Zusterstraat, Hagepreekgang, Dwarskaai, and Rotterdamsekaai.
18th. Century town house ‘The Dolphin’ at Lange Delft 64 was home of the Provincial Library since 1898. During the great fire on 17 May 1940 the building was devastated.