Nr. 4 Commando Memorial FlushingBack Commandoweg, 4381 BH Vlissingen
Bronze sculpture representing a commando soldier of No 4 command. The sculpture is a memorial place for the liberation of Walcheren, placed nearby the location where the 4th commando and the 52 Lowland Division landed in 1944 to liberate the island of Walcheren.
- Year of construction
- Architect / Design
- Titus Leeser
On the front on the pedestal the following text is written: No. 4 Commando. Both sides are plaques affixed to the pedestal with French, Dutch and English text Left on the plaque the English text: In memory of all ranks of No 4 command who fell during the 1939-1945 war and to the local citizens of Flushing who were killed during the occupation and at the hour of their liberation. Right on the plaque the French and Dutch text: A la memoire des officers, sous-officers soldats et du 4me command et des citoyens loyauxs the Flessengue 1939-1945 The memory of the fallen of the 4th Commando and of the loyal citizens of Vlissingen.